On February 14th, 2021 at 3:20pm Richland County Sheriff Deputies responded to Lone Rock where they met with a victim who reported that she had been in an argument with Michael Paulsen. The victim said that during the argument, Michael Paulsen pointed a handgun at her and said that he was going to kill her, the kids, and himself. The victim was able to get out of the residence with the kids and contact law enforcement. Michael Paulsen did not answer his door or phone when law enforcement attempted contact.
Law enforcement was later able to make phone contact with Michael Paulsen. The suspect agreed to exit his residence and was safely taken into custody.
Location of Incident: 531 W. Exchange Street, Lone Rock, WI
Who Involved: Michael A. Paulsen, 41, of Lone Rock, WI
Other Agencies Involved:
- Richland County Special Response Team
- Richland Center Police Department
- Lone Rock EMS
- Lone Rock Fire Department
- 941.20(1) Endangering Safety By Use OF A Dangerous Weapon
- 941.30(2) Second Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- 947.01 Disorderly Conduct (Domestic Abuse Related)